RGA Global Reinsurance Company, Ltd., Labuan Branch
Malaysian Life Reinsurance Group Berhad (MLRe)
MLRe is the first life reinsurer in Malaysia, established in 1997. It was founded as a joint venture partnership between RGA and the Life Insurance Association of Malaysia (LIAM). RGA has a 30% ownership of MLRe. By 2007, MLRe had the largest life reinsurance market share in Malaysia and today conducts business with all Malaysian life insurance companies.
Kay How TanFSA, CFA
Head of Malaysia and Principal Officer
RGA Global Re, Labuan Branch
Liew Pek Hin?Chief Executive OfficerMalaysian Life ReinsuranceGroup Berhad (MLRe)
RGA Global Reinsurance Company, Ltd.
c/o ZICOlaw Trust
Unit Level 13(A), Main Office Tower
Financial Park Labuan
87000 Federal Territory of Labuan
RGA Global Reinsurance Company, Ltd.
(KL Co-located Office)
Unit 30-3 & 30-A, Level 30
No 3 Jalan Bangsar Utama 1
?Malaysian Life Reinsurance Group Berhad (MLRe)
Unit 39-A-6, Level 39, Tower A
Menara UOA Bangsar
No. 5 Jalan Bangsar Utama 1
To inquire about pre-employment background checks for MLRe, please contact us.
RGA can support your growth objectives on a global scale. We combine professionalism, innovation, expertise and an emphasis on execution to help our clients develop new products and write more new business.
We know insurers face many challenges to growing their business profitably. As the only global reinsurance company to focus primarily on life- and health-related reinsurance, RGA brings deep expertise and a global perspective to all our strategic product development partnerships.
A partnership with RGA can help you:
- Identify and design innovative product concepts
- Build winning strategies that align product launches with consumer needs and insurer strengths
- Deploy a flexible suite of differentiated capabilities across the value chain to launch products
- Finance and reinsure product launches
Learn more at our Product Development page.
RGA Southeast Asia offers facultative underwriting with sound decisions, quick turnaround times and effective solutions; the company is the worldwide leader in facultative underwriting, receiving more than 8 million cases since 1979.
- Innovative e-underwriting Solutions to help your organization underwrite better, faster, and with greater consistency. RGA’s flagship underwriting product, AURA (Automated Underwriting and Risk Analysis), has strong underwriting rules service, with thousands of underwriting rules covering impairments, medications, sports, prescription drug histories, avocations and treatments.
- RGA offers the Global Underwriting Manual, an Internet-based underwriting manual that is updated regularly based on the latest research.
- Our benchmarking studies to enable clients to compare underwriting teams with peers throughout the industry.
A rising middle class is fueling demand for private health cover and public-private healthcare partnerships in Southeast Asia.
RGA’s dedicated SEA Health team supports our clients across the value chain, solely focused on local challenges and solutions.
They strive to deliver ‘first to market’ product and underwriting innovations and work in partnership with clients to holistically manage and monitor the end to end medical reimbursement process and experience.
To learn more, visit Southeast Asia Health.
In 2009, RGA received approval to operate a Retakaful Window in Labuan, permitting us to provide Shariah-compliant solutions to takaful operators. RGA is committed to serving the family Takaful market. We adopted the Wakalah-Mudharabah operating model and offer:
• Traditional family retakaful in life and health risk pooling
• Takaful product development
• Retakaful-related financial solutions
• Facultative underwriting, including impaired risk and large cases